Activity Lead Volunteer
Volunteering Matters - LifeLines
We are looking for enthusiastic, committed and creative volunteers who want to run a regular session for over-50s in Brighton and Hove. We run many different groups: from exercise sessions, arts and craft activities to singing, dancing, Bridge and various other flavours of board game.
Currently we are looking for someone to run a Reminiscence group; passionate cinephiles who would like to host a movie afternoon/evening; anyone who is able to run activity classes and someone to host a singing group. We are also very open to your ideas!
Outline of responsibilities:
- Setting up and packing away.
- Being aware of the different support needs that attendees might have and of health and safety requirements.
- Where appropriate collecting data, (registers of attendance/surveys), and money for the session and storing it safely/passing onto a member of Lifelines staff.
- Being aware of any safeguarding issues that might arise and reporting these back if you have any concerns.
- An interest in working with older people
- The ability to confidently lead a group activity (with the support of another volunteer if appropriate/available) and to support the attendees to participate fully
- Good levels of self-organisation and reliability
- Full induction and training on key areas of role, with other training opportunities offered as and when they arise.
- The fun of hosting an activity that you enjoy and are passionate about and involving and socialising with others.
- The activity will be held in a public space around Brighton and Hove; this may be a room in a supported housing scheme; a community hall or other type of venue. We will discuss this with you and find somewhere suitable together.
- The hours will need to be consistent, but we can discuss the frequency of the sessions. You can and should take weeks off; but please communicate clearly and in advance when you will be doing this, so that we can inform the participants in time.
- Two professional references will be required.
- Able to commit to volunteering for a period of at least 3 months.
- Expenses will be paid for travelling to the venue and for other reasonable costs.
When do I need to be available?
|This is flexible and we will decide it with you, but within the hours of 10 - 4; Monday to Friday is ideal. Able to commit to volunteering for a period of at least 3 months.
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Fitness and Sport
- Health and Social Care
- Older People
We work in various locations, but prioritise venues with good accessibility
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Travel and other reasonable expenses paid
Health and Safety
Full risk assessment carried out and training to cover Health and Safety requirements.
Induction and training provided.
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable for 2 - 3 volunteers to run an activity together if appropriate
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Induction, training and ongoing support provided.
This role is adaptable for different abilities
There are many different types of activity that can be run, depending on your abilities and interests.