Activity Support Volunteer
Volunteering Matters - LifeLines
We are looking volunteers to support our volunteers who host regular activities for over-50s in Brighton and Hove. Our volunteers run many different groups: from exercise sessions, arts and craft activities to singing, dancing, Boccia, Bridge and various flavours of board game including Mah Jong.
We need someone that likes engaging with people, loves chatting and is happy to help with the set-up and smooth running of one or more of our activities in Brighton & Hove.
- Supporting the Activity Lead to set-up the activity and pack down/clean up at the end
- Interacting with attendees; being sociable, friendly and welcoming, especially to those who are attending for the first time(s) and may be more nervous
- Taking data where necessary (this could include registers of attendance or surveys as and when required)
- Taking money if the activity has a cost and storing it safely / banking it.
- An interest in working with people aged 50 and over
- Good levels of self-organisation and reliability
- A positive attitude and desire to grow.
- Full training and induction provided for the role. Additional training opportunities offered as and when available.
- The opportunity to have fun taking part in and supporting an activity that interests you and to socialise at the same time with a mix of different people.
- Our activities are hosted at a range of venues, so we will discuss the practicalities of where the activity would be based and what is available once we hear from you.
- The activity will take place at the same time and could be weekly, fortnightly or monthly, depending on what it is. In total, the opportunity should take between 2 - 3 hours each time (including travel time).
- Expenses provided for travel to the venue and other reasonable costs (to be agreed in advance).
- Able to commit to volunteering for a period of at least 3 months.
- Two professional references will be required.
When do I need to be available?
|The activity will be held at a regular time and day and will either be weekly, fortnightly or monthly. You can and should take breaks, but please let us know in advance when you are intending to so we can plan for it.
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Fitness and Sport
- Health and Social Care
- Libraries, Books and Literature
- Older People
Venues with good accessibility prioritised
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reasonable expenses agreed and paid, including travel
Health and Safety
Full induction and training provided.
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Some activities could have 2 support volunteers working together.
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Ongoing support available.
This role is adaptable for different abilities
Different activities require different abilities.