On Wednesday’s Worthing Homes provide computer and CV/Job training to the community. Classes are taught by the Specialist Tutor and one to one teaching is delivered by Volunteers Tutors. Learners include people with a range of abilities.
- Centre set up
- Check online diary bookings and get out student files ready for class/one to ones
- Ensure kitchen equipped with tea coffee milk
- Meet and Greet new clients
- Give out enrol packs
- Check Enrolment & Forms Folder to see if anything needs printing
- Put enrol packs together
- Liaise with Head Tutor Amberlouise
- Print monthly class certificates in time for handing out in last session
- Check online diary fields are entered and correct
- Telephone clients to reschedule appointments
- Back up updated files to the team Google Drive regularly
- Attend regular Volunteer Meetings (last Wednesday of every month 1 – 1.30).
Strong Microsoft Office and digital skills required. We are looking for someone who has a good working knowledge of using computers and online platforms in particular Google Drive and Apps. Experience of supporting people with filling in written forms for enrolment or online feedback would be nice to have but is not essential for this role.
A calm and patient approach is required, as many students attending the centre may have no previous experience of computing and be nervous. Someone who gives attention to detail and is an effective communicator is important. The ability to be able to problem solve independently and work as part of a dedicated community team would be an asset.
- Be part of a friendly group.
- Training and support provided.
- Reasonable travel expenses paid.
- Tea & Coffee provided.
Every Wednesday various times available between 10am -5pm .
Bus stop outside building.
When do I need to be available?
|Every Wednesday various times between 10am - 5pm
Where does this role take place?
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reasonable travel expenses
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities