BMECP (Black and Minority Ethnic Community Partnership)
BMECP is committed to equal
opportunities and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
Are you passionate about promoting
diversity and fostering inclusive communities?
BMECP invites you to become a valued
member and contribute to our mission of enabling the Black and minority ethnic
communities of Brighton and Hove to thrive socially and economically.
Located in the iconic BMECP Centre, a
flagship building within the vibrant New England Quarter development near
Brighton Station, our organisation has been at the forefront of supporting a
wide range of activities since its opening in 2010. With a strong focus on
job-related training and enterprise development, we dedicate at least 66% of
our floor space to empower individuals with valuable skills for economic
As a Trustee, you will play a crucial role in shaping the direction and success of BMECP, ensuring that our services align with the needs of diverse BME communities. You will oversee the strategic and general management of BMECP (Black and Minority Ethnic Community Partnership) and activities of the organisation as they relate to:
- The aims and objectives.
- The development of strategic objectives.
- Use of assets.
- Being a trustee within agreed policies and procedures.
In addition to statutory duties, responsibilities will include:
- Delivering our mission and values with other Trustees, staff and volunteers.
- Attending and preparing for Trustee meetings.
- Participating actively in meetings and decision making, and help the Board of Trustees reach sound decisions.
- Supporting the development of the organisation through participation in agreed projects/activities.
- Actively representing and promoting the organisation.
Ready to make a difference?
We are particularly interested in individuals with expertise in funding and fundraising, financial procedures, quality assurance, marketing, IT skills, strategic planning, and more additional Skills that we are looking for include the following:
- Experience of, or an understanding of the charity sector to include best practices, relevant laws, and statutory requirements and Charity law.
- Experience of successfully dealing with strategic issues, sound judgment and ability to handle competing priorities.
- Capable of networking in support of BMECP objectives.
- Capable of writing reports to support the activities of the organisation and Chief Officer.
- Opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise in making a different within the BME communities of Brighton.
- Supporting those facing great disadvantage and social isolation.
- Opportunity to develop board level experience and skills in governance.
- Volunteering from home and attending in person meetings and activities
- Able to commit to the time required - to attend 4 meetings annually, plus sub-committee meetings, preparation, and activities as appropriate.
- Expenses incurred while carrying out Trustee activities will be reimbursed.
When do I need to be available?
|To attend 4 meetings annually, plus sub-committee meetings, preparation, and activities as appropriate.
Where does this role take place?
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- Marketing and Media
- Supporting Charities
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities