Bookings Secretary- Regular Users
Rottingdean Whiteway Centre
We are seeking help for Rottingdean Whiteway Centre, a busy self-funded community charity run by volunteers. We employ tutors to teach courses during term time, we are a meeting place for local groups and clubs, a nursery operates daily in the youth hall, and we have two large halls and two smaller rooms that can be hired for parties and gatherings.
This volunteer role is to look after the bookings for regular hirers. These ‘User Groups’ book in advance using our website. Bookings need checking, approving and following up if payment has not been made. Some groups need occasional support to make their bookings. From time to time new or potential regular hirers will need introducing to the centre and help setting up on our website.
The successful volunteer will need to visit the centre in Rottingdean when required, but most of the communications will be by email. Training will be given on our website.
See our website for more information https://www.rwc.org.uk/room_hire
- Familiarity and confidence with email.
- Able to work from home to deal with enquiries.
- A willingness to be a team player working with the other committee members to ensure the Centre fulfils its goal of being a key asset to the local community.
- Being part of a proactive and enthusiastic committee of volunteers
- A sense of community involvement and ensuring a valuable resource for the community continues
- Making friends and learning new skills.
This role can be worked at a time to suit the successful volunteer.
Monthly meetings of the
volunteer trustees are held in the centre. Volunteers are expected to attend as many as possible. Currently these are the second
Tuesday of the month, at 7pm.
Rottingdean is well served by
buses. The Centre is 2 minutes’ walk from the No 2 bus route and 8 minutes’
walk from bus routes 12, 14 and 27. There is a small car park in front of the
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities