Brighton RNLI Fundraising Team Member
Saving Lives at Sea depends on people giving up their time and energy – people just like you. RNLI fundraising volunteers raise the money needed to pay for things like kit and training to keep volunteer crews safe. As part of our fundraising volunteer crew you’ll be helping to raise those vital funds.
The role involves being part of a team that organises and facilitates fundraising events like as the annual Mayday, and activities such as quiz and fish supper evenings, coffee mornings, and supermarket collections. The RNLI has many resources available to support these activities and you will be given all necessary training to fulfil the role. You would be asked to commit to helping with at least two events each year, which would most likely be weekends or evenings.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoy being part of a team working together to achieve success, and working to plans and targets when necessary
- Make a significant contribution to an important organisation that saves lives
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back.
Some events take place at the Lifeboat Station at the Marina, others at different venues in the city
When do I need to be available?
|The timing of events and time needed is flexible according to what is planned in the fundraising calendar. Volunteers are expected to commit to helping with at least two events each year.
Where does this role take place?
- Emergency Response
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities