Carer Group Co-Facilitator - UPPER BEEDING
Carers Support West Sussex
Role Details: Within a group setting carers are enabled to share their feelings about their caring role to reduce stress and feelings of loneliness and isolation. This is achieved by actively listening, providing relevant information, responding to issues and concerns raised by the carer. Practical tasks may be required at some groups: i.e. setting up of the room and tea & coffee making duties.
As a volunteer, you will feed back to the Wellbeing Worker for further action to be taken on a 1:1 basis, or by signposting the carer to call our Carer Response Line. You will also be responsible for alerting the Wellbeing Worker to any Safeguarding related concerns or disclosures.
Skills and attributes required:
• Active listening, and excellent & effective communication
• Confident to engage with others within a face to face group setting
• An insight into issues carers face on a daily basis
• An empathetic caring approach when engaging with others
• To be non-judgemental and be able to maintain personal boundaries
• Encourage and promote carer health and wellbeing
- Out of pocket expenses are paid that includes travel and parking
- Full Training Provided
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme to support wellbeing.
When do I need to be available?
|Timings and commitment: The second Tuesday of each month. 10:30 – 12:00. To arrive 15 minute early.
Where does this role take place?
- No specific interest
- Supporting People and Befriending
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Over 18's only
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities