If you're a sociable person with limited time, but you'd like to join our community response to youth homelessness, this is the perfect role for you! Also a great way to connect more with your community.
As a small, community-orientated charity, with our funding focused on service delivery, we need help from sociable people to raise our profile throughout Brighton & Hove’s (and surrounding areas) many communities. Residents are ideally placed to connect with local public places, groups, events and businesses.
Our community champions help us to create and maintain a presence in each community.
We are ideally seeking a minimum commitment of one year to the Community Champion role to allow for training, settling in and continuity. Hours are flexible and controlled by the volunteer.
We welcome anyone with a desire to help and the drive to make a difference. All you need is:
- Good communication skills – a ‘people person’.
- A pragmatic, adaptable approach, to make the most of opportunities and to spend time. where it will achieve the best outcomes.
- A commitment to the values and principles of diversity, equality and inclusion and ability to volunteer within Sussex Nightstop’s policies in this area.
- Ability to log and report activity as guided by Nightstop document templates.
This is a rewarding role that will benefit you with:
- Involvement in a vital community project that helps to prevent homelessness in our city.
- Access to our training program through which you can (if you wish) acquire additional knowledge and skills in areas such as safeguarding, equal opportunities and diversity, communication, behaviour and attachment.
- The opportunity to meet a wide and diverse range of people and through this to broaden your life perspective through an increased understanding and knowledge of the issues facing vulnerable people.
Flexible hours, 6-8 hours per month at times that suits you.
When do I need to be available?
|Volunteering when it fits in with your life.
- Marketing and Media
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities