Community Hub Assistant
What goes on here?
Turning Tides Littlehampton Community Hub offers critical support and services to people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Monday-Friday the hubs open for a cooked breakfast, refreshments, access to showers and laundry facilities and access to food parcels, clothing and essential items. Staff are on hand throughout the session to meet with people and provide support around housing, mental health, financial inclusion and access to other Turning Tides services.
A bit about the role:
The Hub Assistant role has been created to help and support the Rough Sleepers Breakfast Sessions. The role will provide a very good insight to working in a day centre and will play a key role in helping clients get what they need from the service, by supporting staff and fellow volunteers on site.
What will I be doing?
- Greeting clients and taking their breakfast orders.
- Preparing, cooking and serving the breakfast food.
- Clean up.
- be inclusive and welcoming.
- communicate with staff on duty.
- be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty.
- abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
- Working in a team.
- Gaining experience working with a homeless charity.
- Supporting vulnerable people.
When do I need to be available?
|This role is flexible, there is opportunity Monday – Friday from 8.30am – 11:30am. We ask, if possible that volunteers help one morning per week or one morning per fortnight.
Where does this role take place?
- Homeless and Housing
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities