County Ambassador Volunteer
Tools with a Mission
This is a great role for someone who likes to show initiative, likes meeting people, getting involved in their community and is interested in livelihood creation. If this is you, we would love to hear from you.
The work of Tools with a Mission, (TWAM), supports African livelihoods, UK communities, and the fight against climate change. We provide tools to skill centres in Africa. These tools give the recipient the means to generate their own income, create their own business, and build a mindset of independence, not reliance.
As a County Ambassador , you will play a vital role in supporting our mission by raising awareness of our work and expanding our reach in your designated area. This can be through speaking engagements or local shows and events.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with local volunteers, identify new opportunities for forming Local Groups, and help recruit collection points for donated tools.
Our friendly, supportive Volunteer Coordinator will be there every step of the way, providing you with all the resources and information you need to make a meaningful impact in your area.
This is a home-based role.
What will you be doing?
The County Ambassador will work with our Volunteering Coordinator to:
- Support our team of local volunteers, (the people who collect tools, speak on our behalf, and represent us in Churches and community groups.
- Recruit new volunteers.
- Support other remote working volunteers.
- Promote our work locally.
- Help organise and run local events.
- Identify potential collection points or opportunities to establish local groups.
- Represent TWAM where opportunities arise.
- TWAM is looking for honesty, openness, and someone who shares our passion for lives transformed through livelihood-creating tools.
- Computer literate.
- Confident in responding to emails and using Google Drive for file storage.
- Enjoys meeting people.
- Enjoys public speaking.
- You will be the face of TWAM in your County, and have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people in need,
- We will provide a reference if required for a future employer or other organisation.
- Meeting people in your community and making new friends.
- You will receive resources from TWAM including a Volunteer Speaker pack, a selection of leaflets, details of local supporting churches and groups.
- Provision of equipment including a projector and screen, pull-up banners and ID card.
- This is a remote volunteering role.
- You will receive full support from our volunteering coordinator.
When do I need to be available?
|This is a flexible role, and we ask that you try to regularly promote our mission and support our volunteers in your area.
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- International Development and Cooperation
- Supporting Charities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Expenses will be reimbursed
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Volunteer must be 18+
Support on Offer
You will receive full support from the Volunteer Coordinator.