Creative Zoom Groups Lead Facilitator
West Sussex Mind
We are looking for a volunteer to lead our painting and drawing groups online on Zoom.
These are well established groups which thrive on peer support and the well-being benefits of having a creative outlet. This role will involve group facilitation and providing a structure for the sessions; a creative interest and flare would be beneficial but technical expertise is not necessary.
- Running a well-established weekly online painting and/or drawing session to:
- Facilitate a creative outlet for our service users' well-being. Giving some simple guidance or suggestions relating to this.
- Encourage peer support amongst the group.
- Simple admin tasks relating to starting each group in Zoom and taking a register.
- Discuss with group members to come up with ideas and themes for the sessions.
- That you are able to inspire and motivate people.
- That you are passionate about the benefits of creativity as a well-being tool.
- That you are a confident communicator with good listening skills.
- Have an enthusiasm for working with people, enabling them to achieve personal goals and are committed to being part of the service on a regular basis.
Understanding or lived experience of mental health needs desirable, this is not essential for the role.
- Welcome you to West Sussex Mind with a package of training and information needed to carry out the role.
- You will meet new people, have the opportunity to learn new skills and take part in regular in-house training.
- We will check-in regularly to ensure you are enjoying your volunteering role.
- We will provide any resources required to carry out this role.
- We will reimburse pre-agreed expenses in line with West Sussex Mind’s policy.
- Volunteers can conduct the online groups from their home or from a West Sussex Mind building in Southwick, Durrington or Littlehampton
When do I need to be available?
|Painting Group: Tuesdays 11 - 12.30 Drawing Group: Wednesdays 13.30 - 15.00
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities