Customer Service & Retail Volunteer - Peacehaven
Are you looking to gain experience in a fun, friendly retail environment? Our shops are the perfect opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge whilst raising vital fund for Martlets.
What will I be doing?
This role is based mainly on the shop floor and will involve:
- Greeting customers and creating a friendly, welcoming atmosphere
- Providing assistance and asking customers if they need help or product recommendations
- Serving customers on the till, handling cash and card payments
- Talking about Gift Aid, explaining why it is important to the charity and helping customers sign up
- Keeping the shop floor looking great by tidying counters, refilling rails and organising displays
- As well as selling items at the till point and providing great customer service, you may also be asked to help with:
- Steaming and pricing clothes
- Culling or rotating stock
- Accepting and sorting donations, deciding what to sell in the shop, and what should go to a different location.
- a friendly and welcoming attitude
- being open to learning new things.
- being part of a small, friendly team
- gaining experience in a retail environment
- being part of Team Martlets and feeling proud every day.
We pay reasonable travel expenses.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Health and Social Care
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
through a 3rd party
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities