Brighton & Hove Wood Recycling Project
The Wood Store is a charitable social enterprise set up to save resources and to create jobs and volunteering opportunities for local people especially for those experiencing disadvantage and those marginalised from the labour market. We are part of an award winning nationwide network of thirty similar enterprises. While we are financially self supporting, we seek charitable funding to extend our work.
involve three key areas: collections, workshop and retailing:
Initially collecting and reusing waste timber from the construction industry. We retail reclaimed timber materials, and manufacture commercial and retail products in our workshop.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience of business to business trading
- Retail experience
- Publicity and Marketing especially using new media and E Commerce platforms
- HR legislation
- Charity fundraising
- Knowledge of charity accounting
- Health & Safety expertise, especially someone qualified in this area
- Experience of working for or with a social enterprise, especially one training vulnerable adults.
The new premises is in Edward Street, Brighton - very accessible and 100 m from a bus stop.
When do I need to be available?
|We are looking for people who can give around 2 hours per week over the longer term. This is an average. Please do get in contact to speak to us about the opportunity.