Brighton & Hove Wood Recycling Project
The Wood Store is looking for volunteers for a variety of roles. During the induction we’ll find the one which works best for you or you can get involved in all aspects of our work. The roles available are:
- staffing the vans to collect wood
- preparing timber for sale
- working in the shop and serving customers
- making wooden products in the workshop
- educating the public through publicity, displays, and social media
- supporting or mentoring more vulnerable volunteers.
Some people also get involved with sales, marketing, designing products, or any other tasks needed to operate a busy and successful social enterprise and charity. Make no mistake – we can get really busy!
No previous experience is required, all skill levels welcome.
- Gain qualifications via our in-house modular training program.
- Volunteering with us is a good way to socialise and make friends with other volunteers.
- We are accessible on foot, public transport, or car. It is important to note we can't offer parking by the shop but there is parking available in the local area.
- We offer flexible hours, volunteers can work as little as a few hours a week if they want. Hours will be discussed in induction.
- We can cover travel and lunch expenses, we also offer free biscuits, tea, and coffee!
When do I need to be available?
|Volunteers can work during any of these days with hours discussed in induction, working a whole day isn't compulsory. The workshop, office, and collections team operate Monday to Friday only, but volunteering in the shop can take place all week. Workshop hours are 09.30 to 17.00.
Where does this role take place?
Regretfully, our building does not currently have disabled access.
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
We cover travel and lunch costs.
Health and Safety
Health & Safety regulations are covered in induction and PPE is provided on site.
We offer an induction where you receive a tour of the premises, health & safety instruction, a review of our code of conduct as well as a discussion about what role you want to do and the amount of hours you wish to work.
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Once trained, volunteers need to be able to work independently and not be at risk to themselves or others. We regret we can’t accommodate those who require constant support due to the nature of the work undertaken.
This role is adaptable for different abilities
No previous experience is required and multiple roles are available.