Gig Buddy Volunteer
Stay Up Late (and Gig Buddies)
This is a really exciting
volunteer role! Do you like going to gigs and events, doing arts and crafts,
critiquing films and shows, watching sport or actually doing sport? Whatever
your “gig” is, we would like to help you support someone who might not get the
opportunity to do these things for themselves.
Support someone in your local
area (Brighton & Hove, East or West Sussex) with a learning disability
and/or autism to attend live music, cultural events or do a shared activity
once a month together. You will be matched to one person based on your shared
Could you help us do this? Help
support people with a learning disability and or autism to have a happier,
healthier more connected life by becoming a volunteer for Stay Up Late’s Gig
- A good listener
- You will need to be able to follow our volunteer code of conduct & ethos of being inclusive
- Proactive and reliable
- Passionate about live music, or cultural activities and the arts & empowering people with learning disabilities to make choices.
Benefits to volunteering:
- You could make a difference to someone's life
- You could make new friends and widen your own social network
- You get to go to gigs (whatever that gig may be- theatre, live music, getting dinner, playing sports etc!)
- Be part of a friendly team.
Please only apply if you are able to commit to going to a gig at least once a month for a year (a gig could be just that - a music event or seeing a band, it could be clubbing, or for some of our buddy pairs it is also going for a coffee, meeting for a meal or trying something new!).
- You will need to be 18 years or above to volunteer with us.
- One day's training in communication, safeguarding, boundaries and practical information.
- We pay travel and any expenses outlined in our guidance notes.
- Supervision and support from staff is ongoing.
When do I need to be available?
|Usually evenings but you can choose when you volunteer.
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Health and Social Care
- Learning Disabilities
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Young People
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
We pay travel and any expenses outlined in our guidance notes.
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Supervision from staff ongoing.
This role is adaptable for different abilities
One days training in communication, safeguarding, boundaries and practical information.