IT tutor support for groups
Voices in Exile
Voices in Exile works with refugees, asylum seekers and migrants with no recourse to public funds in Sussex and Surrey. As part of our holistic approach, we offer both practical and legal support. We seek to encourage people to find positive ways to address their own needs, build skills and resilience and work towards integration in the UK.
We run three weekly groups. The groups are member led and each term they decide and plan activities, including basic IT sessions.
We are looking for someone who is confident to teach Word processing, Internet apps and online safety once a term to each group.
- Experienced and confident to teach groups of 12-14 adults and one-to-one support.
- Experienced with word processing, internet, apps and online safety.
- Good communication skills and able to communicate with someone who has English as an additional language.
- Patient, supportive, friendly and empathetic, respectful of boundaries and confidentiality
- Reliable and trustworthy.
ESOL experience welcomed.
To volunteer with Voices in Exile you should have an interest in migration issues and a commitment to basic human rights.
- This is a great opportunity to share your talent and teach someone new skills.
- You will get to connect with people
from different countries and cultures and help someone make a difference to their life.
- To help you volunteer with us, you will
receive, training and induction and be supported in your role by the group facilitator.
- The opportunity will take place outside of our office in various locations across the city.
- We are able to reimburse local bus fares.
- You will be supported in this role by the Groups facilitator.
When do I need to be available?
|Sessions will happen on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings to cover all three groups. (Dates to be agreed with the Groups facilitator). These sessions will run once or twice a term, totally 3-6 sessions. Session times are between 10am and 1pm
Where does this role take place?
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reasonable local travel reimbursed
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities