Mentors for Young People from Refugee Backgrounds
We are looking for new volunteers to join our 8 week mentoring programme, supporting young people from refugee backgrounds to gain work experience and employability skills.
Kick off is Tuesday 23rd January!
What's involved in these two months of mentoring?
- A full induction which includes mentoring skills and safeguarding training.
- Seven one-hour sessions with your mentee, supporting them to identify and work towards their goals.
- Seven weekend market slots with your mentee. These last for two hours and are the same time and place each weekend.
- Regular community socials and additional coaching workshops throughout the programme.
No previous mentoring experience is needed, just positive energy and an eagerness to learn! We guarantee many laughs, fresh loaves and a supportive, bread-loving community!
Be part of the growing Breadwinners community, which pushes for improved well-being for refugees and people seeking asylum.
Full training provided and support available from core staff throughout the programme.
Support a young person to develop their skills and plan their next steps.
All markets are in central Brighton, easily accessible by public transport and on foot. Parking is available nearby each market.
You would normally have the same 2 hour market slot every weekend, either 10am-12pm or 12-2pm, Saturday or Sunday. Most mentoring sessions take place immediately after the market session but can be flexible.
When do I need to be available?
|Programme Dates - Mentors' Kick-Off: Tuesday 23rd January in central Brighton, 6-8.30pm. - Market days: every weekend from Saturday 27th January until Sunday 10th March - Community Social: Thursday 15th Feb 6-8pm - Mentors Coaching and Social: Thursday 29th Feb 6-9pm - Graduation: Thursday 14th March 6-8.30pm For this cycle our market times are 10-12 or 12-2, Saturdays or Sundays.
Where does this role take place?
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Employment, Education and Training
- Refugees, Asylum Seekers, Migrants
- Young People
- Advice and Information
- Practical Skills
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Teaching and Training
Please mention any access requirements when you first message us so we can make any adjustments needed
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities