Minibus Drivers - Life Changers
Do you enjoy driving? Do you have a clean D1 driving licence? Do you live in or near Worthing? Would you like to help elderly people and people with learning disabilities to retain their independence? If so, then this volunteer role could be for you.
In order to run our wide range of services, we rely on volunteer drivers to take our minibuses in and around Worthing. They pick up people that use our services, bringing them to our centres and care homes, as well as taking them on days out.
Our volunteer drivers are provided with full training and ongoing support. You do not need to have experience of driving a minibus, but should be a confident driver. Due to the terms of our insurance, our volunteer drivers need to be aged between 22 and 70 years old and should have held their driving licence for at least two years.
Tasks & Duties
- Drive the Guild Care vehicles in the local community to transport customers to and from Guild Care services
- Undertake vehicle and health & safety checks as required
- Act as an ambassador for Guild Care whilst out and about
- Support customers to access the vehicles / services
- Encourage customers to be independent
- Deal with any issues or incidents as they arise – following Guild Care policy & procedures
- Help to keep the office environment and vehicles clean, tidy and safe.
It is essential that you have a clean driving licence with a minimum of two years' driving experience.
- Use existing skills and learn new ones
- Find out more about working in health and social care
- Build confidence and self esteem
- Meet new people
- Make a difference to other people.
When do I need to be available?
|These are the driving needs we have currently: The Fitzalan Howard Centre and Birkdale Centre provides day and respite services for 36 adults with disabilities and more complex needs. We are looking for a volunteer who can drive one of our minibuses to pick clients up from their homes, bring them to the centres, and then take them home at the end of the day. A carer will be on board the minibus to support our clients. If you have an understanding of the needs of adults with disabilities, this would be great, but it is not essential. The timings involved are 8.30am to 10am for a morning run and 3pm to 4.30pm for the afternoon. Butterfly Run meets every Tuesday at our Bradbury Wellbeing Centre in Goring by Sea. This is a very caring, enhanced service that caters for people with dementia who have additional support needs. We are looking for a volunteer who can drive one of our minibuses to pick customers up from their homes, bring them to the Bradbury Wellbeing Centre, and then take them home at the end of the day. A carer will be on board the minibus to support our members. The timings involved are 10.30am to 12pm for a morning run and 4.30pm to 6pm for the afternoon.
Where does this role take place?
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities