Online Social Activity Group Volunteer
West Sussex Mind
A wonderful opportunity to volunteer from the comfort of your home while helping others.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaging person to deliver our online social activity group (usually quizzes/conversation) to older people with mild to moderate mental health needs, those who may be isolated or who have lost confidence.
What is involved?
- Researching and planning sessions that are interesting and appropriate to the age, experience and needs of the group. In consultation with service users
- Delivering weekly sessions
- Seeking and hosting occasional online visiting speakers
- Reporting back to the supervisor about attendance and any issues/concerns.
You will have a great personality, good people skills and the confidence to manage and lead the group, interact appropriately, steer the conversation, and keep the group engaged.
You will be non-judgemental, empathetic and calm. You will have the understanding for the need for confidentiality and professional boundaries
Technical skills requirement: access to a computer in a quiet and secluded setting (at home or ability to travel to a West Sussex Mind building), access to and a basic understanding of Zoom or willingness to learn.
- Welcome you to West Sussex Mind with a package of training and information
- You will meet new people, have the opportunity to learn new skills and take part in regular in-house training
- We will check-in regularly to ensure you are enjoying your volunteering role.
You will be reimbursed according to West Sussex Mind's policy.
When do I need to be available?
|2 to 4 hours a week to include researching and planning time; sessions run on Thursday afternoons/some Tuesday afternoons, at present. Scope for weekend or evening groups.
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities