Payroll and Administration Volunteer
Our payroll and admin service are second to none, providing a number-crunching service for our clients. If you want to get some experience in a finance setting or enjoy office administration and have excellent attention to detail, why not get in touch?
We need help with:
- Opening and sorting post
- Scanning and organising paperwork, uploading to our database
- Sending letters and other monitoring forms
- Sending monthly statements to clients
- Auditing client’s invoices to ensure they are within their budget
- Phoning clients to authorise invoices
- Updating the database
- Assist with sending quarterly returns for NI and Tax purposes
- Applying for PAYE schemes on the HMRC website.
We're looking for people with a range of skills and experience to volunteer with us. You might have previous experience of working in a finance setting, or maybe you have good computer skills and an eye for detail and want to gain some work experience.
- Reliable, able to attend 1 shift per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Good IT and data entry skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organised, systematic, and an eye for detail
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Experience in an accounting and/or payroll environment
- Knowledge or experience of Xero
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Knowledge of Direct Payments
- Knowledge and/or experience of disability issues
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of support needs
- A commitment to providing quality services for people living with health conditions.
You don’t need to be a disabled person yourself to volunteer with us.
- An opportunity to enhance and build on your skills and experience. Whether you're looking to get into work or you just want to brush up on your computer skills, we're happy to help you get there.
- The chance to build confidence, self-esteem and make a difference. Our volunteers come from all walks of life, but every single one reports a boost in confidence and self-esteem from volunteering. It's a great feeling to go home at the end of the day knowing you've made a real difference.
- Access to a range of free courses. Whether it's building on computer skills, learning more about equality, or working on your personal confidence, we can help you find a course to get there. All volunteers are invited to the same internal and external training as our staff members.
Our volunteers have a lot of fun, too!
- All of our offices are fully accessible and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed to make volunteering work for you.
- Travel expenses are paid.
- This role is for a set shift once per week, either 10am to 1pm, or 1pm to 4pm.
- This role is based at our head office in Kemp Town.
When do I need to be available?
|Volunteers must be able to commit to 1 shift per week for a minimum of 6 months. Shifts are 10 to 1 or 1 to 4.
Where does this role take place?
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Older People
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Supporting Charities
Fully accessible, accessible toilet, supportive staff with awareness of different health conditions
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Travel expenses paid
Health and Safety
Full training and induction given
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Full training and induction, ongoing supervision and support, one-to-ones with volunteer lead every 3 months