Referral Order Panel Member
West Sussex County Council - Youth Justice Service
We are looking for people who:
- Are over 19 years old.
- Have an interest in, and empathy for, young people.
- Have a non-judgemental attitude.
- Have good communication skills and ability to chair meetings.
- Have the ability to operate in line with the key principles of Restorative Justice.
- Have the ability to operate as part of a team.
- Have the ability to be appropriately assertive.
- Take a professional approach to the role.
- Are able to respect and operate within service policies and procedures.
- Have a commitment to, and engagement with ongoing support, training and development.
- The chance to make a real
difference in the lives of young people and their communities.
- Opportunity to be part of a
committed and enthusiastic team.
- Full training, ongoing support and role development sessions.
You will receive comprehensive training before you start the role and must be available to attend our next training programme which is planned for April/May 2024 in Horsham.
Please note this is a
long term volunteering role. We are only able to accept applications from
people who are able to commit to volunteer for at least one year after being
When do I need to be available?
|Referral Order panel meetings are arranged across the county and can happen at any time Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm and occasionally early evening. Panel members are asked to give availability for when they are free and what area they would like to cover.
- Supporting People and Befriending
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities