Rocket Artist Volunteer
- Set up and clear down spaces
- Communicate with staff
- Organise art materials
- Photograph Artworks
- Archive images
- Prepare and discuss artist of the week
- Make and offer drinks
- Wash Up
- Clean and tidy kitchen area.
It is also important for Rockets to get to know the people in the room, and they may be interested in the work you make/skills you have or sharing their work/skills with you.
And in moments when it is quiet this is a great opportunity to do so.
Volunteer Role and Person Specification
- Evidence of a strong value base and belief in equal rights of disabled people.
- A keen interest and/or experience in the arts.
- Experience working with people with disabled people.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate sensitively and empathetically.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- An effective team player.
- A willingness to undertake and complete all appropriate training.
- Be able to cope with stressful situations.
- Have the potential to deal effectively with challenging behaviour.
Benefits of being a Rocket Artist Volunteers:
- Experience working in an exciting and productive supported with a radical approach.
- We offer free training alongside volunteering in the studio.
- Expenses paid up to £5 per session once receipts are given in and our expenses form has been completed.
- Being part of a staff team of experienced artists with a supportive working approach.
- Experience setting up and organising exhibitions.
- Experience in being part of workshops from external artists and organisations.
Both our studios are in central Brighton close to the Level. The Blue room is in the Phoenix Art Space which is close to many bus routes. The Market Studio is in the Open Market which is in between London road and Ditchling road, again close to many bus routes and stops. Unfortunately neither have free parking nearby, there are pay and display around the level and there is a NCP close to London road.
Both studios are accessible by ramp and all on one floor.
When do I need to be available?
|We have two studios and are open during the week. Blue Room - Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays Market Studio - Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays We ask volunteers to commit to 1 day a week for 14 weeks (our term length), starting at 9:30 and finishing at 3:30. We also run a shop put of the Market studio on Saturdays (10-5) and there is possible scope for volunteer support on those days. Occasionally we will need support with installing exhibitions or stalls at external events.
Where does this role take place?
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities