Southwick Volunteer Retail Assistant
Our new Southwick store will be opening in January Guild Care has 14 charity shops across Worthing, west and East Sussex. With many more planned. We are in need of volunteers to help us prepare the new shop for opening and be part of our team. Apply now ! These shops are key in raising much needed funds to support the work we do in the local community. As a volunteer within our charity shops will join a team of dedicated volunteers supported by a small number of staff. Each day is different, but the constant is that you will be supporting the work of Guild Care. To volunteer in one of our shops you must be 14 years or over.
What will I be doing? - Tasks & Duties:
- Sort, price and display donated goods
- Serve customers at the till point, operating the cash machine – if trained to do so
- Offer helpful, professional and friendly service to customers
- Help to keep the shop environment clean, tidy and safe.
- Have the opportunity to learn new skills and meet new people
- Have the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in your local community
- 25% discount.
Flexible. All our shops are open Monday – Saturday and 4 are open on Sundays. Ideally we look for a minimum 4 hour commitment but we are flexible.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities