St John's College Governor
St John's College
Autistic children and young people are at the heart of everything that we do. We work in partnership with autistic children and young people and their families. We do this so we can make sure we reflect their lived experience when developing our work. We believe that inclusion is not simply about identifying what autistic people might contribute to their family, school, community or workplace, but about their fundamental right to a life of their choosing and equal access to the resources and networks needed to achieve this.
All Governors are expected to play their part in contributing to the overall work of St John's College's aims and goals in raising its standards for all. We are seeking Community Governors for St John's College Governing Body to play a vital part in supporting autistic children and young people.
We are looking for individuals that have experience in either safeguarding, Further Education College educational provision, employability and careers. However we would encourage any individual applying for this role, if they are interested in becoming a Governor, as we will be able to offer a number of training.
The role of a Governor is to:
- Determine what education and training the college will provide.
- Agree the strategy for delivering it.
- Lead the drive for improved standards in teaching and learning by ensuring good control systems.
- Challenge areas for improvement.
- Experience in strategy
- Experience in education and SEND.
Minimum commitment over the academic year includes:
- Termly Governing Body (GB) meetings
- Annual GB strategic meeting
- Termly Twilight governors training
- Termly visits/virtual meetings
- There is the option to join the Quality Committee for the School, which meets termly.
When do I need to be available?
|The next Governing Body meeting will take place on 10th February 2024.
Where does this role take place?
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities