Tools with a Mission
Join our community of Tool Collectors, the backbone of TWAM's mission to transform lives in Africa through refurbished donated tools.Tools with a Mission, These tools give the recipient the means to generate their own income, create their own businesses, and build a mindset of independence, not reliance.
As a Tool Collector you will play a vital role in collecting tools from the general public, either by personally picking them up, or providing a tool drop - off point.
The main role of a Tool Ambassador is to be the first point of contact in their local community. Our Tool Ambassadors collect the donated tools, load them into boxes, (easy to get from supermarkets), and store them ready for our vans to collect. They then arrange with their local Van Manager for them to be collected by a TWAM van.
What will you be doing?
- Members of the public will contact you via email or phone. We will give you a TWAM email that goes on our website. We will only give out your phone number to people who ring our office.
- Arrange to either pick up the tools from them, or have them dropped off at your house, whichever you prefer.
- Store the tools until a TWAM van comes to you to collect them. This can either be on a rota basis, or when you ring your named Van Manager to ask for a collection.
- Many collectors also promote themselves in local magazines and notice boards.
We look for friendly people who have their own vehicle and who are willing to drive round an agreed area to collect donated tools.
What are we looking for:
- Tool Ambassadors need to be enthusiastic about what we do and the transforming power of tools.
- Many people donating tools do so following bereavement, so we need sensitive people willing to stop and talk, rather than rush off. We need kind and friendly people.
- This is an incredibly rewarding role as you get to meet the general public and share our story with them. Many are so grateful that we are taking their tools rather than seeing them go to landfill.
- From this role you will gain a warm satisfaction at the difference you are making in people's lives.
- You will be joining a great team, and have the opportunity to join us at volunteer days.
- You will need a car.
- Legally, we will need to check you have adequate motor insurance and your car has an MOT.
- This is a home-based role.
- You will need a storage area, (shed/garage).
When do I need to be available?
|Members of the public may email or ring you day/evening, but when you choose to collect the tools is entirely upto you.
- General Helping
- Practical Skills
- Sorting and organising items
- Supporting Charities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Must be 18+
- Support on Offer