TREASURER, MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE ROLE (Voluntary)
The Plot Stanmer
We are looking for a TREASURER to join our small passionate and supportive core team.
This might suit someone who has a keen interest in nature, spending time outdoors, ideally creative and community based activities. You might recognise and promote the benefits of being connected with all of these activities for your own health and wellbeing. And you will share The Plot’s values and purpose. However it is not necessary to have charity, nature-based, community or arts experience to successfully hold this position
We are asking for a commitment of approximately 5 hours a month/ 1-2 hours per week. This is a voluntary position as part of the Management Committee. Please apply by Friday 8th Dec, informal meet Friday 15th Dec.
- Professional financial experience
- Time to give – a minimum of around 5 hours a month – ideally joining our monthly Working Group meetings as well as our monthly Management Committee meetings and supporting our Director / Working Group with tasks in between
- An ability to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- Expertise in understanding and communicating the underlying messages behind financial information
- Availability for some monthly face-to-face meetings in Brighton & Hove where possible
- Pro-active and passionate about working with others
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solving skills
- Interest in supporting the organisation of a small community group.
Desirable but not essential:
- Have an interest and understanding in funding applications for e.g., supporting The Plot Director w/ checking individual funder terms and conditions
- Have an understanding and overview of different funding streams/projects that The Plot is working within.
- Involvement in The Plot will connect you to organisations and networks that
The Plot is a member/ associate of, and who offer a vast range of community
connection, knowledge, expertise, training and opportunities in a range of
- Experience of being part of an innovative community that aims to counter a hostile environment and a more mainstream approach to therapy, wellbeing and community connection
- A sense of making the vision of The Plot possible - Your contribution will make a real difference to a diversity of people in Brighton and Sussex. The Plot is built on community hopes and ideas, and we are here to celebrate yours too!
- Reimbursement of any work related materials for a particular task/activity, such as: printing; travel up to The Plot site; travel to meetings in central Brighton & Hove (most activity for this role will take place off site but you are welcome to join us on site at any time);
- Link with a local service offering free public PC use and a phone SIM if you do not have your own computer and phone/ data allowance;
- We are looking to develop and grow our resources in order to offer more benefits in terms of training and other equipment support. At present, we are a small constituted community group with limited resources
- The Plot promotes equity, diversity and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from people who bring backgrounds, experience and perspectives that are underrepresented in the outdoor, therapeutic, arts and charity sectors. Please let us know of any access and equity needs so that we can see where we can support.
When do I need to be available?
|Approx 5 hours a month / 1-2 hours epr week. Ideally joining our monthly Working Group meetings as well as our monthly Management Committee meetings (Tues or Weds PM, 5.30-7.30) Supporting our Director / Working Group with tasks Mon-Fri 9-5 at times that are convenient for you (these can be made regular or kept ad hoc as best works for you)
Where does this role take place?
- Wildlife and Animals
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities