Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East)
Come and join a brilliant team that helps almost 25,000 people in West Sussex every year! Our Volunteer Advisers help our clients to get the right help for the problems they face. They assess people’s issues and identify the most appropriate course of action. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assess the client’s problems using listening and questioning skills across all mediums; face to face, telephone, web chat & email.
- Assess and agree the right level of service, taking into account the client’s ability to take the next steps themselves, the complexity of the problem and our resources to assist.
- Identify, interpret and communicate relevant information exploring options and implications in order that the client can come to a decision.
- When recording information and client details ensure that all work conforms to systems and procedures.
- Assist with Research & Campaigns work by identifying where things have gone wrong and how we can help to challenge and change this.
Specific qualifications or experience are not required to train for the role. You need to:
- be good at listening
- enjoy helping people
- have good computing skills
- be open minded and non-judgemental
- have an understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality.
You will be working as part of a team of committed people, supported by a Supervisor. We provide full training and ask you to be pro-active when elements of this are self learning. We ask our Advisers to volunteer for 1 day a week, this can be split. Travel expenses are paid.
BenefitsIntellectually stimulating role to keep you mentally active during retirement or career breaks. Skills gained to allow you to enter/return to paid employment.
Good local buses and along coast.
When do I need to be available?
|We ask our Advisers to volunteer for 1 day a week (this can be split) with a longer term commitment. This role can be based in any of our offices across West Sussex. remote working options can be discussed at the interview stage.
- Advice and Information
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities