Volunteer Collection Tin Collector
About the Role
This is a flexible, ad-hoc, voluntary role which is designed to fit around volunteers' other commitments.
This opportunity will involve travelling to local establishments that have Guild Care collection boxes, taking any full boxes back to our office and exchanging them with empty ones. You will be fully briefed and trained, provided with a stock of empty collection boxes, useful stationary, your own volunteer photo badge, receipt book and a continuous supply of biscuits!
Travel expenses will be reimbursed, and full training on boxholder list and receipt book will be provided.
No experience or particular skills are required for this role. It would suit someone who is enthusiastic and confident communicating with members of the community.
It is Guild Cares’ hope and expectation that as a volunteer you will:
- Be a team player
- Be enthusiastic and committed to the role
- Have a good level of initiative and common sense
- Have good communication skills
- Have an open and non-discriminatory attitude
- Be flexible in your approach
- Communicate with staff on duty.
- Have the opportunity to learn new skills and meet new people
- Have the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in your local community
- Be caring and compassionate in your approach
- An understanding of confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Getting out and about and meeting lots of new people
- Building confidence and communication skills
- 25% discount in Guild Care charity shops.
Would suit someone with an email address and access to transport.
When do I need to be available?
|Time commitments for this role are flexible and can be arranged to suit your availability. It would not involve evenings.
Where does this role take place?
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Health and Social Care
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Older People
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Fundraising and Finance
This depends on mode of transport and local boxholders' access.
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities