FareShare Sussex & Surrey
Come and join our kitchen team!
One of the loveliest things about FareShare Sussex and Surrey is our kitchen table! Each day all of the volunteers stop their work to share a meal prepared by our amazing kitchen team.
Usually the team comprises of a lead cook and then an assistant. The assistant role is open to anyone wanting to learn, practice and hone cookery skills.
The shift runs between 10am - 2pm.
The food you will be cooking with is surplus and you will be helping to reduce food waste for each meal you cook!
We have a lovely spacious kitchen, fitted with all the equipment you will need.
- A basic level of cooking skills
- Able to use kitchen equipment or open to learn
- Able to work in a team
- Happy to look up recipes based on the ingredients available to you on the day
- The ability to mass cater (up to 25 people per shift) or open to learn how.
- Be part of an amazing community of people
- Hone cooking skills and gain qualifications such as Food Safety and Hygiene
- Play a part in reducing food waste and delivering it to people in the community who need it the most!
The FareShare Sussex and Surrey warehouse is based in Moulsecoomb. It is easily accessible by bus on the 25, 28, 29 and 50 (Moulsecoomb Way bus stop) or 10-15 minute walk from Moulsecoomb train station.
We have a car park if you wish to drive.
We offer bus tickets and can expense up to £5.50 per shift for travel.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Community Food
- Cooking and Catering
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities