Volunteer Coordinators (Voluntary)
Climate Resilience Centre Worthing - CREW
Volunteer Coordinators will be part of a team ensuring the smooth running of the centre and events at all times. The candidate would ideally live in Worthing as part of the role will necessitate being at the town centre hub some of the time.
- Planning the volunteer rota
- Organise volunteers for the centre and events
- Liaising with the Events team and Trustees
- Communicating regularly with volunteers
- Arranging inductions and sign-off
- Manage sign-up sheets, centre/emails and feedback forms
- Add members to email lists and send introductory emails
- Keep logs of visitors/comments/numbers
- Ensuring volunteers can manage centre facilities and daily preparation/set up/cleaning/printers/etc
- Train in use of centre equipment for events
- Ensuring that volunteers collect feedback forms from event attendees;
- Arranging social events to bring CREW members together and improve wellbeing
- Ensuring volunteers can access CREW online platform of information
- Attending regular meetings.
We are looking for someone who has some administrative experience, is confident in the use of IT in particular Google Drive, docs and forms and enjoys working as part of a team. The volunteer does not necessarily need to have climate knowledge or experience working within the climate sector because training will be provided, however, an interest or passion is important.
An enthusiasm and drive for the charity's objectives and aims is essential. Effective, clear communication skills are important for this role and a friendly approach that helps people feel a valued part of the team is preferred. The ability to be able to problem solve independently and work as part of a dedicated community team would be an asset.
- Being part of the community
- Helping awareness of climate crisis
- Helping build local resilience
- Developing and/or learning news skills and knowledge
- We are happy to provide references for employment, volunteering or training.
- We are looking for someone to offer 4-8 hours per week, these hours are flexible to fit around you. Hours can include evenings and weekends depending on the volunteer role.
- The opportunity will be volunteering from your home as well as being out and about within Worthing (including coming to our centre) and surrounding areas for events, networking and meetings.
- We reimburse travel expenses
When do I need to be available?
|We are looking for someone to offer 4-8 hours per week, these hours are flexible to fit around you.
Where does this role take place?
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Administration and Office
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities