East Sussex Vision Support
The purpose of the role
To provide transport for visually impaired service users to and from the home to various locations including club meetings and some sight-related hospital appointments. The meetings are held on the first Friday of the month, the first Tuesday morning of the month, and the third Friday afternoon of the month.
- An empathetic approach to the needs of visually impaired people
- Punctual and reliable
- An ability to maintain confidentiality
- A willingness to help
- Use of a car and a full UK driving licence
- Valid MOT certificate and road tax
- Good overall health.
- Fuel costs are reimbursed by the charity
- One day vision awareness training
- On-going support from our Brighton and Hove area Coordinator.
- Volunteers should ensure passengers are collected in good time, driven safely and comfortably to their destination and returned home (as required)
- Ensure passengers are as comfortable as possible by helping clients from their front door to the car and offer assistance in getting into and out of the car
- Passengers should be escorted into their destination venue and someone should be made aware that they have arrived, before you leave
- Drivers should be willing to place aids and equipment into the car safely on behalf of passengers
- Cars should be clean, tidy and uncluttered
- Drivers must keep an
accurate record of all trips made for claiming fuel reimbursement.
When do I need to be available?
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
One day Vision Awareness Training