Volunteer Minute Taker
Sussex Emmaus supports people to work their way out of homelessness by providing a purpose as well as a stable home for as long as they need it. Our community is made up of over 50 Companions, 18 staff, over 30 volunteers and the Board of trustees. We run 7 social enterprises and are part of a federation of 28 Emmaus communities in the UK and of the International Emmaus movement.
We are looking for volunteer minute takers to support the Board and staff by…
- Attending and minuting the meetings.
- Sending draft minutes to the Chair for pre-approval.
- Sending the pre-approved draft minutes to the Administrator.
- Editing the minutes according to requests (if any) at the next meeting.
- Sending the final version to the Administrator.
- Ability to listen to long meetings and extract everything that should be recorded.
- Very good command of the English language as well as attention to detail.
- Confidence in using Office, emails and video conference platforms (Zoom, Teams etc).
- We will pay reasonable travel expenses i.e. petrol/bus/train.
- You will receive a general Volunteering induction (including a H&S induction).
- You will receive help and guidance regarding minute taking and the process involved.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in the life of the community through open days, festivities and other activities or by joining working groups and workshops.
Meetings will mostly be held in-person but may alternatively be
held via video calls or hybrid meetings. You will therefore be required to
attend meetings at our Portslade site but are encouraged to do any
editing/admin from home.
The community is accessible by bus (1, 1A) and train (Portslade
Station) and is situated just up from Portslade Old Village.
You will need to provide
your own device (such as a laptop) for this role.
You will be asked to sign an
NDA and apply for a DBS check (which is free of charge).
When do I need to be available?
|Committee and working group meetings to be agreed as needed
Where does this role take place?
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities