Volunteer Online Peer Supporter - Gambling Harms
We are currently recruiting for Online Peer Supporters, to provide one-to-one and group support to both individuals who gamble and those affected by someone else’s gambling.
Online Peer Supporters will:
Navigate and guide contacts through existing services at GamCare and the National Gambling Support Network.
Use motivational interviewing skills while drawing from their own lived experience to provide a supportive, non-judgemental space for those affected by gambling harms.
Facilitate discussions via our online support services, including:
- Email – you will be paired with an individual for regular email correspondence (up to 3 emails per week for 6 months)
- Chatrooms – you will facilitate group discussions and supporting conversation between people at various stages of recovery
- Forum – you will initiate discussions, respond to posts, and provide encouragement, signposting and support to forum users
- Help individuals set aims and goals to move to a more positive, sustained recovery whilst
Skills and qualifications that may be needed or developed:
For any of our volunteering roles we ask that you have personal lived experience of gambling-related harms. This includes being affected by someone else’s gambling (friend or family member).
We ask that you’ve been in positive, sustained recovery for at least one year before volunteering with us.
This role is completely remote, so you’ll need access to a reliable internet connection, a computer and a confidential space.
In return, GamCare will:
- Provide a full, comprehensive induction and training programme
- Give you access to a dedicated Volunteer Coordinator
- Offer and arrange 1:1 and group supervision
- Fully support your own wellbeing and recovery journey
- Give ongoing training and development opportunities
- Provide access to some internal job opportunities within our services team
- Provide a reference after 3 months of regular volunteering.
The role is fully remote.
When do I need to be available?
|1 - 2 hours volunteering per week
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Completely remote opportunity
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
People with lived experience of gambling harms
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities