Volunteer Receptionist – Citizens Advice Horsham
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East)
We are looking for volunteers to help provide our service in your local community.
Do you have spare time to offer your client service skills in your local Citizens Advice office to welcome our clients who contact our service for help and advice?
This role will give you excellent opportunity to progress further to become a volunteer adviser.
As a Client Service Administrator, you will:
- Welcome Clients and other visitors
- Explain advice process and offer information about our services
- Point out leaflets, self- help materials and navigate clients to our website pages
- Set up new clients on our database and record client information, book client appointments
- Administrative tasks
As a Client Service Administrator, you need to:
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be open-minded and non-judgemental
- Be confident to work independently
- Have good IT skills ( Microsoft, database )
- Have some awareness of potential needs of vulnerable clients
You will be based at Citizens Advice Horsham Reception area, supported by a Supervisor. Wednesday AM, Thursday PM and Friday PM
You will need your own IT equipment and access to Wi-Fi for digital training or come into the office on the training day(s).
We ask for a minimum 6 months commitment, minimum of 4 hours per week.
Get to work in a thriving a supportive office environment.
Travel expenses are paid.
We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and welcome applications from people with all range of abilities for the skills that they bring.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Older People
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities