Volunteer Adviser – Remote
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East)
We are looking for volunteers to help provide our service in your local community. Do you have spare time to offer your client service skills to advise our clients who contact us for help and advice?
Our Advisers assist clients in getting the right help for the problems they face. They assess people’s issues and identify the most appropriate course of action.
As a volunteer remote adviser, you will:
- Successfully complete our remote Level 2 Adviser course including assessments and an Induction to Citizens Advice within the allocated time-frame.
- Record information and client details.
- Assess the client’s problems and agree the right level of service .
- Identify and communicate relevant information and options the client may have enabling them to form a decision.
- Assist with Research & Campaigns work.
As a Remote Adviser, you need to:
- Have ability to understand complex information and convey it clearly to clients.
- Have excellent listening skills & enjoy helping people.
- Have good IT skills and a willingness to learn and use our database system accurately.
- Have good level of literacy and numeracy.
- To be open minded and non-judgemental.
All our volunteers get something different from their volunteering experience. Some of the benefits include:
- Making a real difference to people's lives - including helping them deal with the additional worry and pressures created by COVID-19.
- The chance to connect with new people and learn a lot about the community you live in.
- Being part of a friendly and enthusiastic team of volunteers and staff with a shared purpose.
- Training, development and experience to help strengthen your CV.
- Although you will be working remotely from home, but as part of a team of committed people supported by a Supervisor, living in or with a connection to West Sussex is a priority.
- You will need your own IT equipment and access to Wi-Fi.
- We provide digital training and ask you to be pro-active when elements of these are self - learning.
- We ask our Remote Advisers to volunteer for 12+ hours a week, this can be split but does require a longer term commitment of a year.
- The role may also require the provision of services at community locations as well as our centres in the future.
- Travel expenses are paid.
We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and welcome all applications
from people with all range of abilities for the skills that they bring.
When do I need to be available?
|We ask our Remote Advisers to volunteer for 12+ hours a week, this can be split but does require a longer term commitment of a year.
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer