Volunteer Van Driver - Worthing
A bit about the role:
To drive the Turning Tides van.
What will I be doing?
- To drive the Turning Tides van carrying out deliveries and collections of items (including furniture) usually from people’s homes either or storage unit or Projects.
- To volunteer as part of a team alongside a van assistant, occasionally you may be asked to pick up and drop off the assistant/s at the beginning and end of each shift.
- To act at all times as a representative of Turning Tides in public, by adhering to the speed limit and all other motoring laws and to show other road users and pedestrians every possible courtesy, including ensuring people can pass by safely when the van is parked.
- To provide a high level of customer service by being polite and respectful to supporters, and to ensure that items being delivered or collected are handled and transported carefully. To contact the office immediately if there are any problems attending a delivery or collection.
- Be inclusive and welcoming.
- Communicate with staff on duty.
- Enthusiastic and enjoys being part of a busy team.
- Be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty..
- Abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
- Fit and able to carry out physical duties such as lifting and moving furniture.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- A driver’s risk assessment will also need to be completed to support you in your role.
- Working in a team
- Gaining experience with a homeless charity
- Supporting vulnerable people.
- The Storage Unit has large flight of stairs and no lift.
- Turning Tides offers volunteers training so your time volunteering is the best it can be, is as safe as possible, and of course adds value to your experience and to Turning Tides.
- Every volunteer regardless of role will have their initial induction where you will be taken through our Volunteer handbook. This will cover Professional Boundaries, Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity and be a chance for you to ask any questions.
- We will provide ongoing support and everything you need to get started. You will be asked to attend a training session so you are comfortable and happy in your role.
When do I need to be available?
|Times & Commitment: weekday mornings (days to be agreed) – minimum 1 morning per week.
Where does this role take place?
- Homeless and Housing
Storage Unit has large flight of stairs with no lift
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities
Health & Safety training will be provided along with a site specific induction and manual handling training