Weekend Events Manager
Rottingdean Whiteway Centre
Rottingdean Whiteway Centre (RWC) is a busy community charity run by volunteers, in the heart of Rottingdean. We organise educational courses, rent out our rooms to local groups and for parties, a nursery operates daily in one of our halls.
In addition to the wide range of termly adult education courses, RWC arranges up to ten weekend events per year on Friday evenings, Saturday mornings or, occasionally, all-day Saturday. These are very popular and reasonably priced talks. In this role, the Events manager would find and engage speakers on subjects of interest and agree any fees, agree what technology needs to be available for the speaker and ensure it is set out for the event.
They would oversee the event, by meeting the speaker, introducing them, and ensuring things run smoothly. Online bookings are reported to the treasurer after the events.
For an idea of the current talks see our website https://www.rwc.org.uk/special_events
- Good organisational skills
- Reasonable IT proficiency, particularly with word-processing - ability to use a spreadsheet would be helpful.
- Ability to forward plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to work closely with the Education Course Organiser.
- Doing something very interesting and rewarding for the benefit of the local community
- Working with the other like-minded and supportive members of the management committee
- Working in a centre with an excellent reputation for the quality of its adult education provision.
Rottingdean is well served by buses. The Centre is 2 minutes’ walk from the No 2 bus route and 8 minutes’ walk from bus routes 12, 14 and 27. There is a small car park in front of the centre.
When do I need to be available?
|Ongoing from present day.
Where does this role take place?
- Administration and Office
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities