Youth charity trustee
Electric Storm Youth
Want to make a difference to the lives of young people in Lancing? Become an Electric Storm Youth trustee.
Thank you for your interest in Electric Storm Youth. We are excited about bringing new Trustees on board to build on the great work the charity is doing and help us to achieve more.
Being a Trustee of Electric Storm Youth is an exciting and fulfilling role. Our current Board of Trustees benefits from individuals from a range of backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. Their role is to ensure that Electric Storm Youth fulfils its duty to its beneficiaries (young people aged 11-19 across Lancing and Sompting) and delivers on our vision impact goals and values.
We particularly welcome applications from a diverse range of ages and backgrounds to reflect the diverse nature of our beneficiaries. The young people we work with come from a broad range of backgrounds, often with additional needs, disadvantaged social economic backgrounds, or those experiencing complex issues.
- Evidence of resilience/success in one’s personal/professional life.
- A strong and robust reputation that would raise no doubts in the minds of Electric Storm Youth stakeholders, funders, or users.
- Well-developed local networks.
- A sound and well-developed appreciation of governance, and an ability to judge how to effectively manage the boundaries between non-executive and executive roles.
- An understanding and respect for how a Board sets the right ‘tone’ for an organisation, through appropriate leadership, maturity, style of contribution and personal behaviour.
- Strategically aware and with a good sense of organisational complexity and the challenges involved in transformational change.
- The Chair strongly encourages full participation and expression of considered opinions at meetings in a constructive, collegiate, and respectful manner.
1) Making a difference to the lives of young people
2) Learning new skills
3) Training and expenses.
When do I need to be available?
|You should be willing to: • Attend monthly Trustee meetings, with an expectation of attending a minimum of five per annum, which are held within Lancing.
Where does this role take place?
- Young People
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities